Being environmentally friendly simply means having a lifestyle that are better for the environment. It’s all about taking small steps towards making our planet a better place for generations to come.
This week’s blog post features environmentally-friendly habits that are definitely worth adding into your daily routines.
Embrace these habits and soon you’ll notice you are beginning to think and act in a more eco-friendly manner without even realizing it.
So here’s the 30-day challenge to help you get started with an environmentally-friendly lifestyle:
- Stop using plastic cups
- Use own mugs when buying coffee and other beverages
- Say no to plastic straws
- Stop using plastic bags
- Bring re-usable bags when you shop
- Stop using plastic wrap
- Use old cloths instead of paper towels
- Buy locally-sourced products
- Support local farmers’ markets
- Use eco-friendly products such as loofah, bamboo toothbrush
- Don’t litter
- Segregate household wastes
- Recycle items
- Re-use old jars and containers
- Buy second-hand items
- Shop less
- Plan your meals
- Bring lunch to work
- Eat less meat
- Eat more vegetables
- Choose organic
- Help save the bees!
- Make your home energy-efficient
- Turn off the lights
- Unplug unused appliances
- Drive less
- Take a bus or carpool to work
- Avoid using Styrofoam materials
- Start composting program at home and at work
- Educate other people
Now is the best time to embrace an eco-friendly change. Join me in this exciting 30-day challenge and share this among your family and friends!
Do you have any eco-friendly tips you would like to share? Please share your thoughts in the comment box below.
For Mother Nature,
- Week 11: Make holidays more meaningful
- Week 9: Adopt eco-friendly habits – 30 simple ways to become environmentally-friendly
- Week 8: Build a simple wardrobe – Introducing Project 333
- Week 7: Live with less, adopt intentional living
- Hey Manitobans, here’s how to save money with 8 local programs and rebates