Over the next 3 months, I’m going to be participating in a minimalist fashion experiment called Project 333™.
Project 333™ is the minimalist fashion challenge created by Courtney Carver of Be More With Less. The project is about dressing with less – which is basically dressing with 33 items or less for 3 months.
- When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (but your workout clothes have to workout).
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
I have begun embracing minimalism to improve my way of life since about 3-4 years ago. Since then I have donated and sold a lot of clothing and shoes, however, I still feel the need to declutter my closet and simplify my wardrobe even better.
I’ve read about Project 333™ several months ago but I didn’t have quite the time to get started.
But now that holiday season is upon us (which means more vacation time), I thought this is the best time to join the Project 333 challenge and see the benefits for myself.
So the first thing I did was sign up for the free Project 333™ Capsule Quick-Start Guide. It looks like this:
So for this week’s challenge, I invite you to read the rules and tips on how to start Project 333™. I will share with you my experience after a month and I hope that you can share yours, too!
Minimalism is not about depriving yourself of owning things – it is more about appreciating what you already have and get only what you need.
By clearing the clutter from our lives, we are able to eliminate debt, stress, sadness and other negativity in our life. Once we have successfully removed such negativity, only then we can truly enjoy peace of mind, contentment and happiness.
Have fun and best regards,